Friday 27 March 2015

Evaluation part 1- Brief

For my media studies coursework, I had to create a title sequence for a film, in which the film (narrative, title, cast etc.) was created by me. I needed to produce a piece of work that showed my knowledge and understanding of media and its modern technologies. Furthermore, I needed to create a meaning in my work and show that I know what my intentions are, expanding my skills within media.  The sequence had to be between 1:30 and 2 minutes, using different shots and camera movement and be edited with Final Cut Pro, using effects, colour corrections etc.

My film, South-East Descent, is a British Drama about a girl who comes from a higher-class family but becomes bankrupt due to failings in her parents business. We follow the character as she falls into a crowd who lives a lifestyle of crime and drugs. Her parents try desperately to rehabilitate her, and at one point we think she will, until there is a tragic ending of her accidently overdosing on drugs. A continuous theme of social realism runs through my film as it reflects social issues that are well alive today. In my sequence I had to consider, using codes and conventions, how to bring across this theme.


My sequence starts off with a POV shot from a car with a police siren in the background, we then see a girl running away and eventually stopping by a lake. The rest of the shots are of the setting, showing the context of the film. In between these shots are the credits, white text with a black background. The sequence is meant to create an enigma: what is she running from? Why the police? This will be explained more in my other evaluations.

No comments:

Post a Comment